These are web sites, web logs(blogs) and/or photo albums that owners of various years and models Chevy/GMC trucks have created. They are handy to check out as they show how something was modified or a repair was made.
It is also good rainy day reading/viewing too.
Editors Note: this is one of the oldest pages I created on this site… after moving from another format and location on line. The font is still wonky and messed up from when I first started using Word Press. The tweaks to make it look better are on going.
Be sure to check out The Gallery at The Stovebolt page, 1916-1972 Chevrolet/GMC trucks, broken down by body style, for more old Chevy/GMC truck photos!
last tweaked/edited : 02/06/2017
1918 – 1935 Chevrolet/GMC
1936 – 1940 Chevrolet/GMC
King of Obsolete – a fellow up in ‘the great white north’ of Canada, he has several running 1940’s bulldozers . He also has a 1938 2 TON GMC and a 1939 CHEVY 3/4 TON. On his page there, he chronicles his activities making snow roads, hauling equipment around in the winter and various other adventures.
1941 – 1946 Chevrolet/GMC
stotman on stovebolt.com has a blog for the restoration of his truck, there are lots of photos and details… follow along
1947 – 1955(1st series) Chevrolet/GMC
lots of documentation and photos of modifications and various projects.
owned by Dave Craig
1955(2nd series) – 1959 Chevrolet/GMC
1960 – 1966 Chevrolet/GMC
- a huge thread of photos of 1960-1966
Chevy/GMC trucks, panels and suburbans
- stock, custom, heavily modified, beaters, projects
- can give you ideas of things
to do with your truck
- over 2,200 replies (02/2012)
- a very thorough and detailed site!
- lots of photos and parts numbers, etc..
Be sure to check out his ‘Idea’ page as well, lots of tech articles on things to do to your similar 60-66 GM truck!
- be sure to visit his 60-66 Chevy Truck site as well
sharing details of his projects:
1963 Chevy C-30 flatbed dually
1965 Chevy C-30 stepside pickup
1965 Chevy C-10 LWB fleet pickup
Tech articles related to a 1966 Chevy C10 Fleetside truck.
- Body Work photos and details
- follow along as he fixes it up – he adds things as he does more projects
- A T5 Information page
- Complete T5 Driveline – Installation from Engine to Rear Axle
- A very detailed, step by step photo pictorial, with instructions showing the restoration of a 1965 Chevy C10 steering wheel.
Rebuilding a Borg Warner T5 Transmission : A hybrid T5 with V8 Camaro gears, input shaft and case so no need for an adapter plate. Combined with a S10 case cover and tail housing with a cable speedometer drive.
Tips & Tricks Page includes :
- Cutting Spot Welds
- E-brake clip removal – made easy!
- a simple way to improve the gauge cluster lighting
- An easy way to adjust the brake shoes
- A simple way to remove/install control arm bushings
- POR-15 – tips for less mess!
1967 – 1972 Chevrolet/GMC
- 1969 Chevrolet K20
- 1970 Chevrolet K5
- lots of build pictures and information
- His pal… Tony’s 1970 C30 Flatbed Page (turned into a 4×4
flatbed, very neat!)
1973 – 1987 Chevrolet/GMC
1988 – 1998 Chevrolet/GMC
none listed, send me yours! ( I used to have some listed here, but the sites went away)