Updated: September 27th, 2016
A list of old truck articles that I have posted here…
- Information sources
- different manuals
- list of websites with technical information
- list of websites with forums for question & answers
- Parts sources
- types of parts
- list of parts vendors
- differences between Chevy/GMC
- where to go to find out the differences
- where do I find parts?
- why not just use reproduction parts?
- so, where do I find used parts?
- I can search for used parts?
- parts searching is part of the adventure!
e brakes – the 1966 -1972 Chevy truck park/emergency brake cable system. Images in here show the routing for the cables and locations for the hangers and mounts. This can be swapped onto the early 60-66 trucks, if needed.
1965 Chevrolet C10 – dome light assembly : remove and replace – how to article with photos
1960-1966 Chevy Truck dash speakers
photos of the original mono speakers for 1960-1966 trucks, that mounted under the dash, along with the brackets. Also, photos of an after market speaker setup.
- 1960-1966 GMC/Chevy Trucks Buyers Guide
- A guide to 1960-1966 GMC/Chevy Truck Manuals
- Tricks and Tips for reading indented part numbers
- 1965 C10 Cowl Vent Outlet Valve Seal Replacement
(those vents on each side of the cab)
- A thread about the engine choices available by year in the 1960-1966 Chevy/GMC trucks
- A thread about swapping in different seats into the 1960-1966 Chevy/GMC trucks. Aftermarket, later model or ‘other model’ seats… what fits? Good information if you are looking to do a seat swap.
- over 60 plus vendors listed and linked
- addresses, zip codes and phone/fax numbers listed on most entries
- always a continuous and never ending work in progress!
- mostly 1917-1973 parts vendors(but others are welcome!)
The Chevy/GMC Truck Owner Pages list contains links to websites and/or photo albums created by individual owners for their truck or collection of trucks. These sites have pictures of the trucks, a list of repairs and projects that have been done, projects planned, etc.. In many cases there are detailed how to articles with pictures showing the steps they went through doing a project or repair on their truck. So, go check out what other people are doing to and with their old Chevy/GMC trucks!
Links to other informative sites and articles…
Van Pershing’s 1960 – 1966 Chevrolet truck “Idea Page’ – how to information and pictures on ideas of things to do to your truck.
- Drive Train
- sales brochure images
- pics of other trucks!
- …and more!
Also, be sure to check out his 1965 C20 Chevrolet Pickup – he has some great tech articles about his truck with pictures on:
- the power steering kit setup from REZ engineering
- a tilt column swap from a 1983 suburban
- what you need to change motor mounts from a inline 6 to a v8
- GM throttle body fuel injection adapted to a 1983 SBC
- ..and more!
- Wiring Diagrams(lots of them, go explore)
- Tips, Tricks and Technical stuff
- Vendor Links
- pages for differences on each year model!
- Custom Camper
- Corvair trucks
- Panels n’ Burbs
- odds n ends
- turn signal replacement – step by step article
- Chevy truck related site links
- …and more!
Here you’ll find a wide variety of some of the most stylish trucks of the 60’s era. Originals, restorations & customs all blend together to give you an idea of just how popular these trucks have become in the past few years.
- 1960-66 GMC Trucks or 1960-1974
GMC Built Big Block V6 Engines
- The 1960-66 GMC Trucks Model, this includes, Pickups, Suburban, Panels & Handi-Vans, even
- lots and lots of Tech Articles
- email list for finding parts
- old GMC brochures – scanned so you can read them
- lots of information of all kinds, if you have a 60-66 GMC, you need to explore this site!
Burgie’s 1964 C60 Restoration site
- fixing up a 1964 Chevy, 2 ton dump truck!
- great information and tech articles.
- check out this ’64-’66 heater box rebuild article he did.
- if you have mid big mid 60’s Chevy truck, check it out!
- for more big Chevy truck info, visit the Big Bolts forum on Stovebolt.com
Lugnutz 65 Chevy Stepside by Lugnutz (stovebolt.com)
- restoration blog of his ’65 C10
- a super duper ’65 C10 steering wheel restoration page!
- tips & tricks section
- 3 point seat belt installation with step by step details and photos
- T5 transmission information page
- Rebuilding a Borg Warner T5 Transmission : A hybrid T5 with V8 Camaro gears, input shaft and case so no need for an adapter plate. Combined with a S10 case cover and tail housing with a cable speedometer drive.
66submarine by 66Submarine
- old trucks[Chevys : 1963 C30, 1965 C30, 1965 C10], trailers, tractors
- general tech and repair articles
- tech articles of installs
Tech articles related to a 1966 Chevy C10 Fleestide truck.
a site dedicated to GM parts numbers, scans of old parts books, along with photos of the parts and their boxes/packaging.
Assembly sequence for a “typical” GM drum brake on 1966 GM half-ton pickup (Delco Shown, Bendix similar).
Shows the inside of the rear brake drum assembly and the order with which the pieces go back together with step by step photos.
If you find this photo pictorial useful, and I know you will, please leave him a note on the site there, if possible. He likes to read the comments.
The GM Heritage Center is home to hundreds of the world’s most significant cars and trucks. It also houses a massive collection of archived documents, artifacts and assorted automobilia. From original brochures, manuals and build sheets, to rare examples of badging and signage, this unique and growing repository reflects the historical accomplishments upon which GM is building its future.
Look under Archive – Vehicle Information Kits for a downloadable file containing a lot of free information about your truck!
Need some information on getting a project vehicle that has been sitting for awhile registered and on the road?
Go here to get going in the right direction:
Check the site for specifics related to your state. There is a downloadable .PDF document listing the rules and things.
NOTE: If the direct URL changes, it was listed under Resources/
Titling & Registration/Tag & Title Toolbox on the SEMA SAN site.
As always, check the details and laws BEFORE fixing up the vehicle!
If you have any confusion, consult an attorney in your area that deals with this area of the legal arena.
That site and information is courtesy of SEMA SAN
SEMA SAN = SEMA Action Network / they lobby governments for fair rules for old and modified/restored vehicles. Check them out and read up on what is going on “legal-wise” in your area.
Pictures of 1960-1996 trucks…
- a huge thread of photos of 1960-1966 Chevy/GMC trucks, panels and suburbans
- stock, custom, heavily modified, beaters, projects
- can give you ideas of things to do with your truck
- over 3,000 replies (10/2014)
- a thread with posted links to online photo albums or collections of 60-66 Chevy/GMC trucks
- panels, suburbans, pickups, big grain ton trucks too!
- trucks of all sizes 1/2 ton to 3 ton
- stock, custom – everything in between
- progress pics – changes made
- what did you find in your truck when you bought it?
- this includes the cab, bed… whatever came along with you when you bought the truck
- read about the crazy things other people found!
- over 320 replies as of 04/2010
- just a fun and nutty thread…
- list of Chevy Truck forums, some sites have 60-66 specific areas
- list of websites with specific Chevy Truck technical information
- list of GMC specific, truck forums, some sites have 60-66 specific areas
- list of websites with specific GMC truck technical information
Each of the sites listed below have forums for Chevy trucks, each one has a specific area for 1960-1966 trucks:
- pre-’73 GM trucks on-line resource
- since 1995
- 1960-1966 Chevy Truck Buyer’s Guide
- 1960-1966 Chevy Truck Shop Manuals
- forums for questions and answers of all areas of your old Chevy/GMC truck
- be sure to explore their extensive Links section
- Tech Tips section full of ‘how-to’ articles.
The ‘Bolt also has an extensive Links page!
- Parts sources
- Truck Sites
- Publications and Literature( a long list of books for working on your truck )
- Street Rods
- Fire Trucks
- Modern Iron
- Other Neat Stuff
- a list of books for fixing/modifying things on automobiles
- links to sites that sell old literature
- links to magazines
- go explore!!!
- anything and everything Chevrolet, car or truck
- 1917 – current forums for the trucks
- has a forum here.
- a great resource to have if you want to keep it original or do a to stock restoration